Join award-winning textile artist and aficionado of the Middle East, Jenny Bowker, on a 10 night small group tour through the Tantalising Textiles of Syria and Egypt in February 2011.
Read Jenny's blog on the upcoming 2011 Tour
With Jenny’s fabulous insights into the textiles of the Middle East, you will visit places other tourists would never hope to see, and meet with craftsmen practicing their centuries-old trades in the souks of Cairo and Damascus. Handle museum-quality textiles in the tiny traditional shops of both cities, and learn about Syrian striped fabric made of a cotton warp and a silk weft.
Jenny will share with you her knowledge and passion for textiles as she leads you through the bustling bazaars and dusty streets of ancient civilizations. Read the 2008 tour blog review
Bring your walking shoes and expect all the richness the Middle East has to offer – including dirt, dust, colour and craft.
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $4,995.00*
Per Person in Share Twin, land only |* Full payment must be received by 31 October 2010
REGULAR PRICE: $5295.00*
Per Person in Share Twin, land only |* Full payment must be received by 31 November 2010
Do you want to book a trip, make an enquiry or just have a brochure sent to you ? Contact Nick at Impulse Travel 02 9651 3177 | Email us
• The great Crusader Castle - Krak de Chevalier • Omayed Mosque
• Palmyra and the Valley of Tombs • Azem Palace and Khan Assad Pasha
• Sacred Gorge of St Teqla • Old City of Damascus and the Christian Quarter
• Qassioun Mountain • The Egyptian Museum and the Mummy’s Room
• Khan el Khalili Bazaar • The Textile Museum in Cairo and Beit Suheimi
• Old Islamic Cairo and the Tentmakers’ Khan • Whirling Dervishes at Al Gouriya
• Sakkara and the Step Pyramid • Ramses Wissa Wassef tapestry project
• The Pyramids and the Sphinx of Giza and the • Solar Boat Museum
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED?
• 10 nights accommodation in deluxe 5-Star Hotels as indicated in the Itinerary
• Economy class airfares Damascus-Cairo • Fully escorted by award-winning quilter Jenny Bowker • Services of a qualified Egyptologist Guide • All sightseeing (with entrances fees) as indicated • Meals as stipulated in the itinerary by B (breakfast), L (lunch), D (dinner) • All transfers and sightseeing tours in private coach as per the Itinerary • Bottled water on all excursions • All tipping and gratuities